With your help, Yachad has achieved so much since we launched just 7 months ago.
To give you a flavour we have:
- doubled the number of supporters we have
- taken close to 100 British Jews on our trips to East Jerusalem and the West Bank
- reached over 500 people through our educational events
- run our first student conference with over 50 students
- run two campaigns each attracting over 500 supporters, and have helped, at very least, to temporarily suspend the eviction of a Palestinian family in east Jerusalem
- met with the Israeli ambassador
- launched a blog
- been mentioned in the Jewish press here on countless occassions and appeared in the Israeli press (Hebrew and English) at least five times.
I could go on but you get the picture!
We’re helping to shift the debate in our community and provide opportunities for British Jews to speak out in support of Israel and what we believe to be in her best long-term interests: a safe, secure and democratic national home for the Jewish people within universally-recognised borders, alongside a viable, sovereign and democratic state for the Palestinian people.
We quite simply could not do this without you – your commitment as event hosts, donors, bloggers, tweeters, educators, campaigners and amplifiers of our message has allowed us to get this far so fast. A special mention to Hannah Adler and Howard Taylor, who as Yachad’s interns, have kept the organisation ticking behind the scenes.
We’re busy planning for next year already - we hope you’ll join us at one of our events in January with our visitors from the Council for Peace and Security. They’ll be speaking in conversation with Jonathan Freedland on Wednesday 18th January at the LJCC. Look out for us at Jewish Book Week - Yachad is sponsoring ‘A New Voice for Israel’ wtih Jeremy Ben-Ami, President and Founder of Jstreet, on Sunday 26th February. Perhaps you’d like to run a Yachad educational course at your synagogue, a new initiative we are just launching? And if you are at Limmud, come to one of our 7 sessions facilaited by myself and Yachad chair Daniel Reisel.
On behalf of the board and staff of Yachad I’d like to wish you Chag Urim Sameach and Happy New Year - may it be a peaceful one.